Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I charged $.99 when I download a song and I have Apple Music subscription?

I have an Apple Music subscription, yet I get charged $.99 when I download music. I didn’t think I would get charged if I have a subscription. Does anyone have this same issue?

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 2:27 PM

Note that even when you have an Apple Music subscription you are still allowed to purchase music if you want. See the following for information on both downloading with no additional charge and also information about purchasing. Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 24, 2020 2:24 PM in response to Gagurl1

There are a couple of things you can do to drill down when you see a charge on your bill that you don't recognize. That said, a $0.99 charge sounds like you (or an authorized user) may have purchased a track on Apple Music, notwithstanding your Apple Music subscription. You can check your purchase history to see if there's a corroborating reference. (One can still buy iTunes content like songs and albums, even with a Apple Music subscription.).

Alternatively, if you followed the steps outlined in the link and you didn't find out why you were charged, contact Apple Support.

Good luck!

JDee

Why am I charged $.99 when I download a song and I have Apple Music subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.