Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail rule for spam doesn't work

I'm trying to auto-sort spam from a shady company by their address which is in the body of their emails. I confirmed the text because if I search the email body, it finds the text. However, it doesn't filter it out either automatically or manually. I also tried to just color the background/text of these emails. That doesn't work either.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 6:36 PM

Hmmm, no extra spaces or such in the contains part???

How about if you split it in two parts...

contains: 3201

And...

contains: Hillsborough

Is this the place?

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/tampa/profile/not-elsewhere-classified/health-wellness-llc-0653-90301701

4 replies

Aug 24, 2020 6:32 PM in response to b3n3

I did an experiment and searched my Sent box for my phone number which is only in my email signature and it didn't find all my sent emails, which in theory it should have since my phone number is text. Presumably therefore Mail treats signatures differently when performing a search. I wonder if it's possible that the text that your email filter is looking out for is part of the sender's signature and that may be the reason it is not being picked up.

Mail rule for spam doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.