Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv free year

I recently bought a MacBook Pro and I wanted to use the free year on Apple TV since I have never used it, but when I go to the app It only gives me the 7 day trial. What can be done with this?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 5:06 PM

Here’s how to redeem it:

Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID

Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.

The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page, signed in, where you’ll see the offer.

Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Apple TV + Offer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573

Try the tv channel page @ tv.apple.com, signed in, if the TV App isn’t working.

If you still can’t get it to work, Contact Support for assistance

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 5:06 PM in response to luis_mb1901

Here’s how to redeem it:

Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID

Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.

The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page, signed in, where you’ll see the offer.

Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Apple TV + Offer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573

Try the tv channel page @ tv.apple.com, signed in, if the TV App isn’t working.

If you still can’t get it to work, Contact Support for assistance

Aug 24, 2020 11:42 PM in response to Jenn481

It starts charging in one year, if you don’t cancel. At that point it begins charging monthly. It’s free for a whole year, so you just cancel at least 24hrs before the billing date and you won’t pay anything.

Unless you were trying to choose the 7 day trial, then that's the case, but not for the free year. This thread is asking about the free year

All subscriptions can be cancelled before they renew, so you don’t have to pay.

Aug 25, 2020 5:37 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you for your response, of course I am trying to accept the free year they are giving me for the phone I’ve bought. But it says agree for the free year and when I click continue, it asks for my Apple ID and says if I click continue I will start 1 week free and then $4,99 starting august 31. So???

that’s why I say it is not true, I couldn’t find a single person that says they have the free one year trial

Aug 25, 2020 12:06 PM in response to Jenn481

Somehow it’s not working as it should or you missed part of the instructions and also note, you have 90 days from when you activated the new device to redeem the offer - if you try to do it once the offer has expired you will only see the 7 day offer.

You will need to Contact Support

There are thousands of people who have the one year free, myself included. Albeit some people are experiencing difficulties getting it.

apple tv free year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.