Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple phone call

I received 4 automated phone calls telling me my Apple account iCloud has been compromised and I should push a button to talk to a tech. I don't trust automated phone calls so I'm checking in.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 5:19 PM

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 5:19 PM in response to roni192

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Aug 26, 2020 8:52 AM in response to stedman1

Thanks, Spoofing indeed! I got 5 more calls yesterday and caller id came up with 5 different phone numbers. Makes it really hard to block a number and frustrating to have to deal with them. What a waste of energy. Just think how much good this world would see if that energy and time and brain power was put to GOOD use.

Sorry for ranting. Thanks for you help.

Apple phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.