Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube tv on Apple TV audio issue

i have a Epson projector connected to a Apple TV. I then wireless connect to my apple HomePod for audio. Netflix and other apps work fine but for some reason YouTube TV app doesn’t work With my homepod audio. Anybody know any fixes?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 10:47 PM

Doesn’t work in what way?

Out of sync with the picture or no sound from the HomePod?

• Force close the youtube App & Restart Apple TV - try this first

Are HomePods on the same home wifi Network as The Apple TV and the iOS device used to set up HomePod? You can check the network Homepod is on by going into the Home App on your iOS device and long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings - tap on the gear icon- lower right - scroll down to WIFI ADDRESS- tap that to display the name of your network

• Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS.* the device used to set up HomePod
  • Check that your iOS device has Bluetooth turned on and is connected to your home Wi-Fi network.*
  • Update tvOS software
  • Reboot your wifi
  • unplug the HomePod for 30 seconds, plug back in
  • On the Apple TV - Settings- Network- Forget Network & Restart Apple TV then add the wifi back

As a last resort you might need to reset HomePod but usually it’s the wifi not connecting with Homepod or a mismatch of the iCloud account not all being the same one used across devices.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 10:47 PM in response to dlopez3_3

Doesn’t work in what way?

Out of sync with the picture or no sound from the HomePod?

• Force close the youtube App & Restart Apple TV - try this first

Are HomePods on the same home wifi Network as The Apple TV and the iOS device used to set up HomePod? You can check the network Homepod is on by going into the Home App on your iOS device and long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings - tap on the gear icon- lower right - scroll down to WIFI ADDRESS- tap that to display the name of your network

• Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS.* the device used to set up HomePod
  • Check that your iOS device has Bluetooth turned on and is connected to your home Wi-Fi network.*
  • Update tvOS software
  • Reboot your wifi
  • unplug the HomePod for 30 seconds, plug back in
  • On the Apple TV - Settings- Network- Forget Network & Restart Apple TV then add the wifi back

As a last resort you might need to reset HomePod but usually it’s the wifi not connecting with Homepod or a mismatch of the iCloud account not all being the same one used across devices.

Sep 5, 2020 7:42 AM in response to dlopez3_3

I’ve recently spoken to YouTube TV about this issue. They claim, the HomePod isn’t a supported device despite it working previously. YouTube TV claims that’s these issues will occur periodically when certain updates are applied. They put in a support ticket to sometime in the future officially add HomePods as supported device. Sucks because I use my stereo HomePods for surround sound when using my tv and since YouTube TV recent update has broken this functionality now I have tv audio only. All other apps work fine though.

Oct 5, 2020 6:48 PM in response to Vancouver22

I hope more than me realize how absurdly ridiculous this question and answer are. I set my 80 yr old mom up w YouTube Tv. “Hey mom, go to your router and perform a hard reset”. “Download the new iOS mom. Then pray”. “Call your provider and tell them there is a problem on googles end with their server.” &)(“”(!!

YouTube tv on Apple TV audio issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.