Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone trying to get my Apple ID

So I keep getting text messages for someone trying to sign in. It’s messages for my Apple ID verification code. It’s been happening for months now. Any way to have it stop?

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 7:54 AM

Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, as long as they can't access one of your trusted devices, they can't get a code, and sign in. You should be okay.

You can try doing a name change on your Apple ID. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 7:54 AM in response to Yatty282

Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, as long as they can't access one of your trusted devices, they can't get a code, and sign in. You should be okay.

You can try doing a name change on your Apple ID. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Someone trying to get my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.