Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving messages error

Just started getting the message 'Moving Messages 1 0f 307' in the bottom left-hand corner of my screen whilst in Apple Mail. It hangs and prevents me from accessing my latest emails. How do I get rid of it?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 2:06 AM

Thanks. I couldn't actually see a 'x' next to the message. The message, 'Moving messages 1 of 307' never seemed to budge off of '1' no matter how many times I turned the machine off or on, over a period of days, and whether in safe mode or not. It was just hanging.

I decided to bite the bullet and rebuild the mailbox - it worked. Message no longer appears and mailbox working fine again. Hopefully for good!

Thanks

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 2:06 AM in response to a brody

Thanks. I couldn't actually see a 'x' next to the message. The message, 'Moving messages 1 of 307' never seemed to budge off of '1' no matter how many times I turned the machine off or on, over a period of days, and whether in safe mode or not. It was just hanging.

I decided to bite the bullet and rebuild the mailbox - it worked. Message no longer appears and mailbox working fine again. Hopefully for good!

Thanks

Moving messages error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.