Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Memory

Can someone please help me figure out how to free up storage space on my 32G iPad? I am only using 89.3G of my 200G of iCloud storage I am constantly running out of space but can’t figure out how to get things OFF my iPad and not just backed up. Thanks!

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 5:57 AM

Unfortunately, purchasing more iCloud storage doesn’t do what most people hope it does. While having some additional iCloud storage can help free up some space on your device, you cannot use iCloud for off device storage. iCloud is a syncing service Only for the most part.

About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

This is worth a look as well. There are some suggestions that might help.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The bottom line is that the physical storage on your device cannot really be supplemented and it is a fixed amount. The only way to get storage back is to free up space by deleting content.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 5:57 AM in response to BuiltFur

Unfortunately, purchasing more iCloud storage doesn’t do what most people hope it does. While having some additional iCloud storage can help free up some space on your device, you cannot use iCloud for off device storage. iCloud is a syncing service Only for the most part.

About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

This is worth a look as well. There are some suggestions that might help.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The bottom line is that the physical storage on your device cannot really be supplemented and it is a fixed amount. The only way to get storage back is to free up space by deleting content.

iPad Memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.