Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User Guides

Just spent over £1000 on an Apple watch 5 and an iPhone 11 pro max and cannot find a user guide that I can print. Does such a thing exist ?

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 9:01 AM

The manual is over 700 pages. And is available in dozens of languages. The shipping costs alone would be prohibitive. You probably have a computer. Why don’t you just read the manual on your computer? I’m in my late 70’s and have no problem reading online; I actually prefer it to a real book because I can search in it rather than thumbing through 700 pages looking for something. There are also many books written about your phone that you can buy from Amazon and have shipped to you.

What is your alternative to buying from Apple? There is no electronic product on the market today that comes with a paper manual.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 9:01 AM in response to DoddyandWife

The manual is over 700 pages. And is available in dozens of languages. The shipping costs alone would be prohibitive. You probably have a computer. Why don’t you just read the manual on your computer? I’m in my late 70’s and have no problem reading online; I actually prefer it to a real book because I can search in it rather than thumbing through 700 pages looking for something. There are also many books written about your phone that you can buy from Amazon and have shipped to you.

What is your alternative to buying from Apple? There is no electronic product on the market today that comes with a paper manual.

Aug 25, 2020 9:37 AM in response to DoddyandWife

I can appreciate that you prefer a printed copy to read from and then execute something on your device. I have a suggestion (a workaround), ... (please read on)

Your phone and watch are capable of doing various things and have various features & services - not everything will be what pertains to you or applicable to how you plan to use the phone/watch.

My suggestion would, therefore, be to discover (learn) the basic things you want to do with your phone/watch, and you may find that further learning becomes quite intuitive as you spend time with the devices.

So, use the website version of the manual - browse through the Table of Contents at the top - to see what it is you would like to learn about. Open that topic in your web browser and print only that topic out. iPhone User Guide - Apple Support

Now, you can revert to your way of learning (with printed material). I know this is, perhaps, not the solution you were hoping for, but do give it a shot ... and see how things go. If you need further help you can reach out to us at the community (a user/peer forum where we attempt to pool in our knowledge and experience to help each other out)

Sidenote: Some find it also easier to learn through videos/pictures - so here is the official Apple Support YouTube Channel with a playlist of videos pertaining to iPhone. I find these videos helpful too! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIl2EzNYri0cslRUIjVxdc7MuZiVQ_7os

Aug 25, 2020 8:53 AM in response to Siabh

All I can say is what a way to run a railroad. How are you expected to read from your phone and execute something at the same time. I would have thought that the Great Apple would be able to produce an instruction book. Everywhere I look there are articles on features on both the iPhone and Watch that no one seems to know about. Come on Apple not everyone is a 25 year old nerd that lives in California with super fast WIFI and has access to all that is new. We are in our 70's and thought we were doing the right thing by buying Apple but how wrong we were.

Aug 25, 2020 9:40 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for the information and I can understand the point about printing the instructions but if the book is on-line then I have the option to print a specific section as and when I want but where is this marvellous 700 page book. All I want is to be able to find the "Apple" book and not have to buy a third parties interpretation of the product. Please give me a link as there are so many third party sites and Apple do not tell you how or where to get the book. Looking forward in anticipation to the link and many thanks.

George

User Guides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.