Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hackers for Keychain Access?

I keep receiving requests to have an unfamiliar source gain access to my keychain access. I have been clicking deny, but, would like to know what exactly is going on here? Is this a form of someone trying to hack my system and how can I clear my laptop of this issue? Please see attached image of the pop up message I have been receiving.

Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 9:34 AM

From its name it appears that Safari or other WebKit-based process wants to access Adobe Acrobat.

If that's the case be advised you do not need Adobe Acrobat Reader to load PDF images in Safari. Lots of websites allege that you do. They're wrong. Unless you are certain you have some other need for Adobe Acrobat Reader, uninstall it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 9:34 AM in response to bananas2020

From its name it appears that Safari or other WebKit-based process wants to access Adobe Acrobat.

If that's the case be advised you do not need Adobe Acrobat Reader to load PDF images in Safari. Lots of websites allege that you do. They're wrong. Unless you are certain you have some other need for Adobe Acrobat Reader, uninstall it.

Hackers for Keychain Access?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.