Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview: to save from .DNG directly in .JPEG

Hi to all.

I have a Macbook Pro with Catalina 10.15.6.

If I open, in Preview, a photo in .DNG and I modify it, when I try to save appears the sentence "The file xxx.DNG does not support the modification" (in Italian language the sentence is: Il file xxx.DNG non supporta la modifica).

I would like to save the file from .DNG in .JPEG but I can only save it in .TIFF.

How can I do to save, in preview, from DNG in JPEG ?

Thanks to all.

Franco

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 7:56 AM

Hello franco2709,

It sounds like you have a MacBook Pro and while trying to save a photo in Preview you receive the alert that the modification is not supported. Being able to save the file in the your preferred format is necessary for certain applications. We're glad you reached out for help.

This resource will provide some guidance on how to convert file types in Preview:

Convert graphics file types using Preview on Mac

Have a good day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 7:56 AM in response to franco2709

Hello franco2709,

It sounds like you have a MacBook Pro and while trying to save a photo in Preview you receive the alert that the modification is not supported. Being able to save the file in the your preferred format is necessary for certain applications. We're glad you reached out for help.

This resource will provide some guidance on how to convert file types in Preview:

Convert graphics file types using Preview on Mac

Have a good day!

Preview: to save from .DNG directly in .JPEG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.