Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else getting calls about iCloud account being compromised

Last night I got 14 calls (all went to voice mail) from a Phoenix number telling me that my iCloud account had been compromised. Each voice mail told me to contact "support" at a 315 area code number. Got a call every 8 minutes. Anyone else experiencing calls like this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 10:41 AM

Yes, it is a common scam.

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 10:41 AM in response to RTBinFLA

Yes, it is a common scam.

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Jan 25, 2021 7:33 AM in response to RTBinFLA

I received the same 14 calls from the 315 area code (Phoenix) yesterday afternoon from about 12-4pm. They were the same bogus calls and vmail "spoofed" from different numbers with the same 3 digit exchange as mine (different number listing each time, for example 904-971-2**2, 904-971-9**5, etc. to my area code/exchange to appear as if they are local calls. Suggest setting your phone as I did to the phone/silence unknown callers- setting. Also suggest reporting the vmail callback number NOT the "spoof" number listed as calling in the National Do Not Call Registry (assuming your device is registered for no solicitation calls).

[Edited by Moderator]

Anyone else getting calls about iCloud account being compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.