Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung Xpress M2022W printer no longer prints after Catalina upgrade

My trusty Samsung Xpress M2022W laser jet printer has stopped working since I upgraded to Mac OS Catalina yesterday. When I try to print, I get the following series of messages:

“BasicOptionPDE.bundle” is damaged and can’t be opened.

“prefilter” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

“rastertosec” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

The Pages file I select to print makes its way to the print queue, but never actually prints out...

I have updated the driver software via the HP support site to the latest Mac OS 10.15.6 version, wiped the old printer drivers and reinstalled the printer, but the above messages keep appearing.

Is there anyway to work around this, or do I need to purchase a new printer due to 64-bit technology now required (annoying)? Any advice appreciated.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 3:03 AM

Thank you for the useful information Old Toad - it's good of you to take the time to provide me with detailed advice.

I was just in the process of looking at 'Find Any File' and 'Gutenprint' when I thought I'd try one last attempt to print before downloading new files. Very weirdly, the printer worked first-time without any of the above warning messages appearing (unlike all day yesterday) - I didn't even restart my Mac overnight (just in sleep mode)! I'm pleased/relieved that my printer works again and I don't have to buy a new 64-bit one! I'm sure your advice will be helpful to others who are experiencing similar problems.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 3:03 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you for the useful information Old Toad - it's good of you to take the time to provide me with detailed advice.

I was just in the process of looking at 'Find Any File' and 'Gutenprint' when I thought I'd try one last attempt to print before downloading new files. Very weirdly, the printer worked first-time without any of the above warning messages appearing (unlike all day yesterday) - I didn't even restart my Mac overnight (just in sleep mode)! I'm pleased/relieved that my printer works again and I don't have to buy a new 64-bit one! I'm sure your advice will be helpful to others who are experiencing similar problems.

Aug 25, 2020 2:10 PM in response to Flummoxed_1

Se if the following will work:

1 0 download and run Find Any File to search for:

Name contains BasicOptionPDE.bundle

Don't have that exact file but this is what a search for .bundle returns.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

Go that file and Control (right) - click on it and select Open from the contextual menu. You'll be presented with other window to confirm your desire to open it.

2 - go to the Samsung site and see if there are any print drivers especially for Catalina.

3 - if all else fails try this open-source, free, universal print driver: Gutenprint 

Samsung Xpress M2022W printer no longer prints after Catalina upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.