Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 16" Dimming External Monitor Samsung CH90

When using my 2016 Macbook Pro 15" My Samsung CHG90 has no issues whatsoever, in fact it is so bright that I have to lower the brightness settings.

I just upgraded to the new 16inch Macbook Pro yesterday and now the CHG90 screen is super dim. I've tested it with my old MacBook and the problem is definitely the new MacBook, do you have any idea why the new Macbook is dimming out my CHG90?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 9:35 PM

Okay, as a follow up I accidentally ran into the solution. Funny enough I installed Windows into my Macbook VIA Boot Camp and then after it was setup I noticed the screen looked perfect. I noticed the "HDR" setting was unchecked in Windows. So I went back into Mac OS and unchecked the button and boom, problem fixed.

The High Dynamic Range was the problem. I know this is a very rare problem, but I hope this helps out!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 9:35 PM in response to outsourceplug

Okay, as a follow up I accidentally ran into the solution. Funny enough I installed Windows into my Macbook VIA Boot Camp and then after it was setup I noticed the screen looked perfect. I noticed the "HDR" setting was unchecked in Windows. So I went back into Mac OS and unchecked the button and boom, problem fixed.

The High Dynamic Range was the problem. I know this is a very rare problem, but I hope this helps out!

Macbook Pro 16" Dimming External Monitor Samsung CH90

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.