Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy more storage on my iPhone without buying iCloud storage? My phone has 32GB, is there anyway I can upgrade to 64GB?

Can I buy more storage on my iPhone without buying iCloud storage? My phone has 32GB of storage, is there any way I can upgrade to 64GB?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 4:58 PM

Buying iCloud storage won't solve your on phone storage UNLESS your photos are taking most of your space on the phone.

In that case, if you have iCloud, then you can choose to optimise phone storeage, and your photos will be stored full size in iCloud, and only lightweight viewable versions will be stored on the phone (you cannot delete these or they will also be deleted in iCloud)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2020 4:58 PM in response to zhourishenghao1

Buying iCloud storage won't solve your on phone storage UNLESS your photos are taking most of your space on the phone.

In that case, if you have iCloud, then you can choose to optimise phone storeage, and your photos will be stored full size in iCloud, and only lightweight viewable versions will be stored on the phone (you cannot delete these or they will also be deleted in iCloud)

Can I buy more storage on my iPhone without buying iCloud storage? My phone has 32GB, is there anyway I can upgrade to 64GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.