Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro unexpectedly shuts down in sleep mode

Hi,

I will give some explanation and prehistory.

I have upgraded the system from High Sierra to Catalina and problems started to occur. I am not going to list all of the problems but the one which bugged me the most was the freezing and loading for few minutes after sleep mode. I searched the web and tried to exclude everything which can cause the problems nothing helped. Then i downgraded the system to Mojave(10.14.5), lags went away. but 2 weeks ago the old problem came back and even progressed to restarting the system while trying to load the system after sleep mode. It happens from time to time but i have no clue what can cause this and what should i do next. If someone have any experience on how to resolve this it would be great, i am tired of such thing happening and even thinking of getting rid of mac and get windows laptop.

My mac and system:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

Mojave 10.14.6

Part of the LOG:

UUID: EA14CDB5-59D9-47BA-91D6-12A28A62B441

Stackshot Reason: Wake transition timed out after 180 seconds while sending asynchronous kIOMessageSystemHasPoweredOn message to userspace clients. Suspected bundle: com.kaspersky.kext.klif. Thread 0x74.

Failure code:: 0x582f65b3 00000029

===================================

Date/Time: 2020-08-26 11:09:59 +0600

OS Version: ??? ??? (Build ???)

Architecture: x86_64

Report Version: 28

Data Source: Stackshots

Shared Cache: 0x9ec3000 AEEAEF4F-297D-32FE-8C0B-C20774DF0308

Event: Sleep Wake Failure

Duration: 0.00s

Steps: 1

Time Awake Since Boot: 61000s

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 8:02 AM

Lama-jama wrote:

Hi,
I have upgraded the system from High Sierra to Catalina and problems started to occur. I am not going to list all of the problems but the one which bugged me the most was the freezing and loading for few minutes after sleep mode. I searched the web and tried to exclude everything which can cause the problems nothing helped. Then i downgraded the system to Mojave(10.14.5), lags went away. but 2 weeks ago the old problem came back and even progressed to restarting the system while trying to load the system after sleep mode. It happens from time to time but i have no clue what can cause this and what should i do next. If someone have any experience on how to resolve this it would be great, i am tired of such thing happening and even thinking of getting rid of mac and get windows laptop.

My mac and system:
Mojave 10.14.6

Part of the LOG:
Stackshot Reason: Wake transition timed out after 180 seconds while sending asynchronous kIOMessageSystemHasPoweredOn message to userspace clients. Suspected bundle: com.kaspersky.kext.klif. Thread 0x74.

<kaspersky>

You have installed a third party anti-virus This causes nothing but added issues on the macOS.

Use the "official" kaspersky uninstaller and try again..

This competes directly with Mac's own built in security:

ref: macOS - Security - Apple https://www.apple.com/macos/security/

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 8:02 AM in response to Lama-jama

Lama-jama wrote:

Hi,

My mac and system:
Mojave 10.14.6

Part of the LOG:

<kaspersky>

You have installed a third party anti-virus This causes nothing but added issues on the macOS.

Use the "official" kaspersky uninstaller and try again..

This competes directly with Mac's own built in security:

ref: macOS - Security - Apple https://www.apple.com/macos/security/

Aug 26, 2020 9:35 PM in response to leroydouglas

Really appreciate your help and thanks for the advice.

I am using Kaspersky since day one for more than 3 years now and haven't had any problems because of that.

I am not sure that own safety will be enough, so that is why i am using antivirus. I will try to uninstall it to check if it helps but it is not solving the problem it is just finding easiest way to deal with it. I will try to check on kaspersky's forum maybe they found out the solution

Macbook pro unexpectedly shuts down in sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.