You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off syncing between iPad and Mac?

I want to completely disable the sync between on iPad (OS13) and Mac (Catalina). How can I disable the syncing? I previously turned it on in Finder just to test it, but now I want to turn it off. Where do I find how to disable sync?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 11:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 12:54 AM

Hello! There can be different types of sync between two devices. For iCloud you simply go in to system preferences on your mac, and under iCloud you can choose what you want to sync. If you however, instead of disabling separate settings, you enter settings on your iPad and on the top of the screen you should be able to see your iCloud profile. Press it, and then scroll to the bottom of the screen - there you will be able to log out from iCloud and after that the iCloud sync between your iPad and your Mac.

I hope this answer helped you, and if you would have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Alexander Jaxgård,

Techbuddy

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2020 12:54 AM in response to huhund

Hello! There can be different types of sync between two devices. For iCloud you simply go in to system preferences on your mac, and under iCloud you can choose what you want to sync. If you however, instead of disabling separate settings, you enter settings on your iPad and on the top of the screen you should be able to see your iCloud profile. Press it, and then scroll to the bottom of the screen - there you will be able to log out from iCloud and after that the iCloud sync between your iPad and your Mac.

I hope this answer helped you, and if you would have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Alexander Jaxgård,

Techbuddy

How can I turn off syncing between iPad and Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.