Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.6.1 Audio stops working during telephone call

My iPhone 6s and my girlfriend's iPhone 8 Plus, both suffer from audio loss during telephone calls. During a telephone call, audio will stop working (for 1 to 5 seconds, before coming back and then dropping out again at seemingly random intervals) and I cannot hear the person on the other side and they cannot hear me. This happened after updating to iOS 13.6.1, before the update, everything was working well on both phones.

Any suggestions and tips?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 10:47 AM

So, I've been browsing around, and found this tip on an older version of iOS. Disable noice cancelation in settings -> accessibility -> audio/visual -> noice cancelation. I have it turned off and made one phone call and the problem wasn't there. I've read that turning it off and on again should work. But I just kept it off to test it and so far it seems to work.

So, dunno if this is a permanent fix, but I just wanted to share this for people running into the same problem. Test it and comment if it works.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 10:47 AM in response to Tumki

So, I've been browsing around, and found this tip on an older version of iOS. Disable noice cancelation in settings -> accessibility -> audio/visual -> noice cancelation. I have it turned off and made one phone call and the problem wasn't there. I've read that turning it off and on again should work. But I just kept it off to test it and so far it seems to work.

So, dunno if this is a permanent fix, but I just wanted to share this for people running into the same problem. Test it and comment if it works.

Aug 26, 2020 6:21 AM in response to Tumki

A large number of users are reporting difficulty hearing, especially when on phone calls. This happens on many different iPhone models. I believe I've tried all of the suggestions that have been made in this forum. I have to use the speaker to hear phone conversations. I have reported this issue on the Apple feedback page. Please help by reporting the problem there. Apple does not monitor this forum.

iPhone 8 / iOS v13.6.1

iOS 13.6.1 Audio stops working during telephone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.