Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uable to activate iphone

I have restore my iphone 6 reasently. After then i try to activate my iphone. But it says a massage with " An update required to activate your phone "

Only option get after this massage is "shutdown " .

Please tell me a way to activate my iphone.

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 7:37 AM

Use iTunes to update. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your device using your computer

If you can’t update wirelessly on your device, you can update manually using a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update.

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Locate your device on your computer.
  4. Click General or Settings, then click Check for Update. 

Click Download and Update.

If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 7:37 AM in response to nilanaka

Use iTunes to update. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your device using your computer

If you can’t update wirelessly on your device, you can update manually using a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update.

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Locate your device on your computer.
  4. Click General or Settings, then click Check for Update. 

Click Download and Update.

If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Uable to activate iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.