Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't update preinstalled apps

I can't update preinstalled apps for example iMovie, garageband, keynote etc.. I bought a new mac less than a week ago, and I keep getting "cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID" when trying and I only have one apple id.

I've tried logging out and back to app store and that didn't help. I can't reinstall apps either because the preinstalled software is removable.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 9:38 AM

I never said that anyone was stupid. We don't call names in the Apple Support Communities.

Everyone should feel comfortable and welcome asking questions here.

There is a way to delete apps from the Launchpad, it's just that dragging isn't involved.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202235

Hey, few folks here could make a video like that.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 9:38 AM in response to Agion

I never said that anyone was stupid. We don't call names in the Apple Support Communities.

Everyone should feel comfortable and welcome asking questions here.

There is a way to delete apps from the Launchpad, it's just that dragging isn't involved.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202235

Hey, few folks here could make a video like that.

Aug 26, 2020 9:13 AM in response to stedman1

I can see all my purchased apps on a list, but garageband and keynote and other apps that came with the software aren't unfortunately mentioned anywhere, so as far as I can interpert the window, nothing indicates to adopting any app.

However what's interesting is that the update manager in app store recognizes these apps and suggests the update by itself.

can't update preinstalled apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.