Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is Freezing up

The screen is blank and it will not respond to any action of the crown or button. Then after a minute or so, all of a sudden it’s will come on.

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 2:22 PM

Hello howardfromcornwall on hudson,

We understand that your Apple Watch is unresponsive for some time before it responds. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

If this happens right after using an app, please follow If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Also, does the issue persist after restarting? How to restart your Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Have a great day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 2:22 PM in response to howardfromcornwall on hudson

Hello howardfromcornwall on hudson,

We understand that your Apple Watch is unresponsive for some time before it responds. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

If this happens right after using an app, please follow If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Also, does the issue persist after restarting? How to restart your Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Have a great day.

Aug 27, 2020 4:52 PM in response to kathrin225

I have an Apple Watch 5 and a 3. In the last week both of my watches started to freeze up after 5 plus hours of wearing them. The screen goes blank and the Apple log appears. From that point it becomes unusable. The 5 is still under warranty (7 months old) and I'm waiting for the repair shipment box to arrive to send to the Apple repair center. I wouldn't think much about this until the exact same thing happened when I was wearing the Watch 3 yesterday. Makes me wonder if it's a result of the most recent OS upgrade or if its been compromised by malware. Any ideas/thoughts?

My Apple Watch is Freezing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.