Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast episode missing

We just published our second episode - actually we just published the first episode today, while the trailer (episode zero) was published one week ago.

However, the trailer is now missing from the home podcast page. Why would this be? Is it a glitch? The content is being fed from podbean, and we've experienced no problems thus far with Spotify and Tune-In.

Can someone please help? Thank you!

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 8:13 AM

Apple Podcasts shows only the episode 'Price and Value' (labelled as episode 6 in the feed and showing that in the app).

The feed 'A' you quote isn't a feed but a web page. It contains a link to a feed at

https://feed.podbean.com/valueinvestingthestarvineway/feed.xml

This feed contains two episodes, 6, and 5 ('Value Investing: The Starvine Way Podcast Intro').

You provide a link to another feed, which you called 'B'. This feed contains only episode 6. As a result of upgrading to Catalina I'm forced to use the Podcasts app which has no way of finding out what feed it is using. My guess is that you've changed Podcasts to using feed 'B', whichi you shouldn't have done. You need to have it using feed 'A' and continue to add episodes to that. I've not idea how this has come about - there's no 'itunes:new-feed-url' redirection tag in feed 'A'. You may need to take this up with Podbean unless you made the change yourself (in which case you need to reverse it).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 8:13 AM in response to Podcast_newby_creator

Apple Podcasts shows only the episode 'Price and Value' (labelled as episode 6 in the feed and showing that in the app).

The feed 'A' you quote isn't a feed but a web page. It contains a link to a feed at

https://feed.podbean.com/valueinvestingthestarvineway/feed.xml

This feed contains two episodes, 6, and 5 ('Value Investing: The Starvine Way Podcast Intro').

You provide a link to another feed, which you called 'B'. This feed contains only episode 6. As a result of upgrading to Catalina I'm forced to use the Podcasts app which has no way of finding out what feed it is using. My guess is that you've changed Podcasts to using feed 'B', whichi you shouldn't have done. You need to have it using feed 'A' and continue to add episodes to that. I've not idea how this has come about - there's no 'itunes:new-feed-url' redirection tag in feed 'A'. You may need to take this up with Podbean unless you made the change yourself (in which case you need to reverse it).

Podcast episode missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.