Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot load bootcamp drivers

Hello.

Just had to go through yet another forceful Windows 10 update on my Bootcamp partition. It rendered a lot of my Mac's controls useless, such as display control. I tried updating drivers from the previous attempts and they did not appear to be compatible. Went online and followed instructions and made up a USB thumb drive and tried updating drivers in Windows. Now all I get is a black screen when I launch Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 6:36 PM

The drivers are on the same USB2, from which you ran setup.exe in the Bootcamp folder. Look under Drivers on the USB.

8 replies

Aug 27, 2020 8:33 AM in response to Loner T

Macbook Pro 15 inch mid 2012.

The process of updating via Bootcamp Assistant and a thumb drive really screwed the computer up. It took a while before I was able to safe-boot Windows and return it to a previous saved position. I don't want to go through the Bootcamp Assistant again. Is there another way to update the drivers?

Thanks

Aug 27, 2020 6:26 PM in response to Loner T

...then I am to boot into Windows, find the file that sets it up in the thumb drive and execute it. I do that, a process begins and eventually ends by telling me that “boot camp” has been installed. It doesn’t say “the latest drivers” have been installed. Then I restart into windows and get a black screen.

it would be better if I could just download drivers.

cannot load bootcamp drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.