Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: If you see a -45054 or -42110 error in iTunes

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add my library to other users on my computer?

How do I add my ITunes library to other users on my computer -- Windows 10?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 6:35 AM

You can add full access permissions to your user's Music folder for the other user profiles on your computer, then when those are active they could use the shift-start-iTunes method to access your library. Note that iTunes isn't really set up for multiple users in Windows. If one user account has iTunes open and you use the fast user switching method to open a different account then you cannot open iTunes in the second account. Similarly the computer shares authorizations and associations with all user accounts which likely limits what features other users are going to have access to. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for more.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 6:35 AM in response to RLC7787

You can add full access permissions to your user's Music folder for the other user profiles on your computer, then when those are active they could use the shift-start-iTunes method to access your library. Note that iTunes isn't really set up for multiple users in Windows. If one user account has iTunes open and you use the fast user switching method to open a different account then you cannot open iTunes in the second account. Similarly the computer shares authorizations and associations with all user accounts which likely limits what features other users are going to have access to. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for more.

tt2

How do I add my library to other users on my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.