Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2020 Windows 10 Wi-Fi driver does not work

I have Windows 10 Home installed on an external SSD. I have my Security Boot Settings set up to allow booting from external media, and can boot into Windows 10 just fine. I have downloaded the "Windows Support Software" via Bootcamp Assistant under macOS and have copied those files to my Windows drive and run Bootcamp -> setup.exe under Windows followed by a restart.

However, the Wi-Fi card in the mac is not recognized by Windows, and it would seem the proper driver is not installed by Apple's latest "Windows Support," for the Wi-Fi card. Looking further in Device Manager in Windows 10 reveals that a number of the components do not have proper drivers including what I'm guessing is the Wi-Fi card. Ethernet shows up ok under windows, but at the moment I do not have access to an ethernet connection.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Does anyone have a solution? Thank you!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 10:55 AM

Ok, I'm back with a fix for this. I went to Device Manager, and on each of the components that had the yellow triangle exclamation icon I double clicked it, and hit "Install Driver," then I went to "Browse Disk for Driver" (paraphrase), pointed it to C:/ with "search sub-folders" enabled. Sure enough, windows was able to search the disk, find the appropriate driver and install it. This worked for almost all the components (except Audio!) and Wi-fi is now working.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 10:55 AM in response to Taoleaf

Ok, I'm back with a fix for this. I went to Device Manager, and on each of the components that had the yellow triangle exclamation icon I double clicked it, and hit "Install Driver," then I went to "Browse Disk for Driver" (paraphrase), pointed it to C:/ with "search sub-folders" enabled. Sure enough, windows was able to search the disk, find the appropriate driver and install it. This worked for almost all the components (except Audio!) and Wi-fi is now working.

iMac 2020 Windows 10 Wi-Fi driver does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.