Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just get a black screen on apple tv when airplay from my macbook, audio plays on my macbook.

I just get a black screen on apple tv when airplay from my macbook, audio plays on my macbook. I've restarted both several times. No internet problems. Airplay from my iphone works fine. What should I do next?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 6:38 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What are you trying to AirPlay, and from which application? Not all content and services are AirPlay compatible.

Review this support page for how to operate it as intended. How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

There is also a bit of a difference between using in-app “basic” AirPlay from within iTunes/Apple TV app/QuickTime Player/​Safari, and AirPlay Screen Mirroring. Difference in how to operate it and difference in what it can do.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 6:38 AM in response to chelsie121

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What are you trying to AirPlay, and from which application? Not all content and services are AirPlay compatible.

Review this support page for how to operate it as intended. How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

There is also a bit of a difference between using in-app “basic” AirPlay from within iTunes/Apple TV app/QuickTime Player/​Safari, and AirPlay Screen Mirroring. Difference in how to operate it and difference in what it can do.

I just get a black screen on apple tv when airplay from my macbook, audio plays on my macbook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.