Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I phone 7 ear speaker is very faint and I. Am barely hear. But the hansds free speaker is fine?

Why is my ear speaker on my I phone 7 very faint? But my hands free speaker is loud?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 2:52 PM

I had the same problem with my previous iPhone. I was moderately annoyed. And ar last the cause of my problem was not my iPhone’s fault, but because of all the dust and my ear wax (disgusting but true) clog the ear speaker. After carefully cleaning it up (the first and only time of using it for almost four years), the volume was improved profoundly.

Hope this can help you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 2:52 PM in response to Petrov01

I had the same problem with my previous iPhone. I was moderately annoyed. And ar last the cause of my problem was not my iPhone’s fault, but because of all the dust and my ear wax (disgusting but true) clog the ear speaker. After carefully cleaning it up (the first and only time of using it for almost four years), the volume was improved profoundly.

Hope this can help you.

Aug 28, 2020 3:34 AM in response to Petrov01

A large number of users are reporting difficulty hearing, especially when on phone calls. This happens on many different iPhone models. I believe I've tried all of the suggestions that have been made in this forum. I have to use the speaker to hear phone conversations. I have reported this issue on the Apple feedback page. Please help by reporting the problem there. Apple does not monitor this forum.

iPhone 8 / iOS v13.6.1

My I phone 7 ear speaker is very faint and I. Am barely hear. But the hansds free speaker is fine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.