Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook water damage and unexpected shut off

My MacBook has water damage and it will randomly shut off a few times a day and when I close the laptop and open it, my screen won’t display so I have to restart it. Do you know what could possibly causing this? Is it fixable?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 8:04 AM

brianna53 wrote:

My MacBook has water damage and it will randomly shut off a few times a day and when I close the laptop and open it, my screen won’t display so I have to restart it. Do you know what could possibly causing this? Is it fixable?

Yes liquid damage. Typically things get worse over time not better...corrosion can build and cause extensive damage.

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

AppleCare+ (similar for iPhone and iPad, each incident of accidental damage) for Mac will carry its own price tag. Screen damage or “external enclosure damage” will run $99 per incident, while other damage, including water damage, will run $299. Users receive coverage of two incidents under AppleCare+, and after the two incidents have been used up, out-of-warranty replacement rates will apply

(*note: there may be some delay due to the temporary Apple Store closures)

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 8:04 AM in response to brianna53

brianna53 wrote:

Yes liquid damage. Typically things get worse over time not better...corrosion can build and cause extensive damage.

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

AppleCare+ (similar for iPhone and iPad, each incident of accidental damage) for Mac will carry its own price tag. Screen damage or “external enclosure damage” will run $99 per incident, while other damage, including water damage, will run $299. Users receive coverage of two incidents under AppleCare+, and after the two incidents have been used up, out-of-warranty replacement rates will apply

(*note: there may be some delay due to the temporary Apple Store closures)

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

MacBook water damage and unexpected shut off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.