Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud potential hack

moments ago i received a phone call from someone claiming to be ICloud support that our account may have been hacked and that there were attempts from Texas and CA. I didn't believe it at first and i didn't provide any information. the person told me i could verify who he was by logging into Apple. I never got that far. While changing phones we were disconnected and no one call back. I have been trying to find out who at Apple i could call to make sure everything is secure. I am not a sophisticated user and my spouse is ill so i need confirmation that our Cloud information is secure. I have since reset out password.

Thank you

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 9:10 AM

No one from Apple will call you, unless you requested. That phone call was a scam. You did good not giving your info.

Unauthorized login attempts usually are sent to your e-mail address or will appear on your device if you have enabled Two-factor authentication for Apple ID.

You can check:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 9:10 AM in response to -myPWD1935

No one from Apple will call you, unless you requested. That phone call was a scam. You did good not giving your info.

Unauthorized login attempts usually are sent to your e-mail address or will appear on your device if you have enabled Two-factor authentication for Apple ID.

You can check:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

ICloud potential hack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.