Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi! I can't open sim tray on new Iphone 8 Plus. What me to do?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:37 PM

If you have the SIM removal tool then use it.

How to Remove SIM Card from an iPhone

• Power off your iPhone by holding the Power/Lock button then sliding the Red Power symbol to the right.
  • Locate your SIM card tray on the side of the iPhone. ...
  • Using your SIM Card Ejection Tool/ SIM Card key, push the end gently into the hole on the side of the SIM tray:

You may be able to get by with a thin paperclip and use one of its ends as a SIM removal tool.

Know that the entire SIM area, including the tray, is delicate. If not done correctly then you may end up damaging that area. If you are not comfortable then I recommend that you take it to any cellular carrier store and have them do it for you.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 12:37 PM in response to miha240

If you have the SIM removal tool then use it.

How to Remove SIM Card from an iPhone

• Power off your iPhone by holding the Power/Lock button then sliding the Red Power symbol to the right.
  • Locate your SIM card tray on the side of the iPhone. ...
  • Using your SIM Card Ejection Tool/ SIM Card key, push the end gently into the hole on the side of the SIM tray:

You may be able to get by with a thin paperclip and use one of its ends as a SIM removal tool.

Know that the entire SIM area, including the tray, is delicate. If not done correctly then you may end up damaging that area. If you are not comfortable then I recommend that you take it to any cellular carrier store and have them do it for you.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.