Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Lazerjet P1005

Does anyone know if I can print to my HP LaserJet P1 005 printer from my iPhone 6 Plus wirelessly? If not, do they make a cable that I can connect my iPhone to my printer directly so I’m able to print?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 8:56 AM

Hi,

The HP LaserJet P1005 is a USB-only printer for Mac or PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-p1005-printer/3435674/document/c01174957

First of all, do not expect to use a direct cable connection to the iPhone 6 Plus. There is no way of installing printer drivers onto the phone. The phone relies on AirPrint (a driverless technology for printers) to work.

The P1005 is neither a wireless nor an AirPrint-enabled printer. The USB printer could be connected to a Mac computer. That would per se make it possible for that Mac to share the printer with other computers/devices on a network. However, in the case of an iPhone, that is not enough. An appropriate application, such as Printopia, would have to be used on the Mac in order to make the shared printer appear as if it were a (wireless) printer compatible with the iPhone.

If you do not have a Mac (only Windows is shown in your profile), it may become more complicated. I do not know anything about an app for iOS (and a desktop helper application) called Printer Pro, but it could perhaps be worth investigating.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 8:56 AM in response to Danequestion

Hi,

The HP LaserJet P1005 is a USB-only printer for Mac or PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-p1005-printer/3435674/document/c01174957

First of all, do not expect to use a direct cable connection to the iPhone 6 Plus. There is no way of installing printer drivers onto the phone. The phone relies on AirPrint (a driverless technology for printers) to work.

The P1005 is neither a wireless nor an AirPrint-enabled printer. The USB printer could be connected to a Mac computer. That would per se make it possible for that Mac to share the printer with other computers/devices on a network. However, in the case of an iPhone, that is not enough. An appropriate application, such as Printopia, would have to be used on the Mac in order to make the shared printer appear as if it were a (wireless) printer compatible with the iPhone.

If you do not have a Mac (only Windows is shown in your profile), it may become more complicated. I do not know anything about an app for iOS (and a desktop helper application) called Printer Pro, but it could perhaps be worth investigating.

HP Lazerjet P1005

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.