Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay & smart tv issues

My smart tv does not show up in the list of options to choose for Airplay on my Macbook Air. I can't figure out how to add it to my device. Thoughts?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 5:34 PM

The bigger question is whether your Smart TV is Airplay compatible? If it is then you can go into your TV's settings and activate AirPlay. If there is no option on your TV for Airplay then it is probably not AirPlay compatible.

Axel F.

4 replies

Aug 28, 2020 6:18 AM in response to Axel Foley

It’s my work MacBook Air from 2015? The OS is High Sierra. I tried updating with the prompt for the software update for High Sierra 10.13.6 but it wouldn’t update. I checked for space and cleaned things up but still wouldn’t update.

And then, I probably made a mistake, but I tried to update with the most recent OS. It looks like it downloaded it but then it wouldn’t install.

The reason need the update is so I can Airplay to my smart TV, which I’m using as a monitor as I am working from home. Hope this helps?

I may need to ask if I can get an updated computer from work....

Thanks!

Airplay & smart tv issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.