Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Somehow, my mom created a new apple id on her phone. She now has 2 - one for icloud and one for the apple store (which is the correct id). I went in to try to reset the icloud id with the correct id but no luck as I don't know the password (neither does mom). I'm not able to update any of her apps now because they were purchased with a different apple id. Ugh. How do I delete the wrong id without losing my apps?

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 5:40 PM

Password problem. Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If the Apple ID in the App Store is the correct one, why are you having problems updating the apps? What ID were they purchased with? If the iCloud ID, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 5:40 PM in response to Lyn0745

Password problem. Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If the Apple ID in the App Store is the correct one, why are you having problems updating the apps? What ID were they purchased with? If the iCloud ID, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.