Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new Mac air only has 5 hours of battery.

Does anyone know why a brand new Mac air has a short battery life(for a new mac)? I do not do anything that would drain my battery this much. I had a 2015 macbook and the battery life is 7hrs and I do the same thing on my new mac as my old mac. Also I have contacted apple support and they told me to try system reset and safe mode. I have done that and I still have 5hrs( I know this bc I timed it). My cycle count is 17 and from I look at my battery info it says its fine but it doesn't act fine. Somebody help I have college and I cannot have a laptop that only last 5hrs when it advertises up to 11hrs. Please.

MacBook Air 13″, 10.15

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 3:32 PM

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support

Activity Monitor's Energy tab will readily identify resource-intensive activity.

2 replies

Aug 29, 2020 3:45 PM in response to 37_

Try going into settings and click "Energy" for MacOS Catalina or "Batterie" for MacOS Big Sur to see what applications are quickly draining the batterie and what you can to to fix it. If the computer knows that something is wrong with the batterie it will tell you "service due". If you find nothing strange, keep timing your computer batterie and keep a close eye out for the fan speed/loudness and the heat from the computer.

I hope this helps!

My brand new Mac air only has 5 hours of battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.