Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer pictures from iPhone to hard drive

I need to transfer my pictures from my phone to a external hard drive

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 11:05 AM

There are several ways to do this.

(1) Using Photos. Open Photos holding down the option key. Select the option to create a new Photos Library on the external drive. Then connect the iPhone to your Mac and have it import its photos into that new Photos Library on the external drive.

(2) Using Image Capture. Connect your iPhone to your Mac. If Photos opens, close Photos. Then open Image Capture. Have Image Capture import the photos from the iPhone and save them to a folder on the external drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 11:05 AM in response to Eduardo9696

There are several ways to do this.

(1) Using Photos. Open Photos holding down the option key. Select the option to create a new Photos Library on the external drive. Then connect the iPhone to your Mac and have it import its photos into that new Photos Library on the external drive.

(2) Using Image Capture. Connect your iPhone to your Mac. If Photos opens, close Photos. Then open Image Capture. Have Image Capture import the photos from the iPhone and save them to a folder on the external drive.

how to transfer pictures from iPhone to hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.