Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity app

Hi

i am trying to download the activity app on to my I phone7 to sync with i watch series 5.

so far, I have updated the software, unpaired the watch and paired it again.

the message is ‘the app requires specific features which aren’t available on this device’

thanks

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 9:00 AM

Hello cmw1978,

We understand that you're looking to use the Activity app on your iPhone along with your Apple Watch, and that's a great way to track your workout activities. You've come to the right place for assistance with this.

To get started, which exact iOS version did you recently install on your iPhone?

Also, which version of watchOS is currently installed on the Apple Watch?

We'd recommend checking out the following resource to check for any profiles installed on your iPhone to see if this may be related to what's preventing the app from being installed on your iPhone:

How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically the second step of the section labeled "Delete the app and its configuration profile."

Have a great evening.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 9:00 AM in response to cmw1978

Hello cmw1978,

We understand that you're looking to use the Activity app on your iPhone along with your Apple Watch, and that's a great way to track your workout activities. You've come to the right place for assistance with this.

To get started, which exact iOS version did you recently install on your iPhone?

Also, which version of watchOS is currently installed on the Apple Watch?

We'd recommend checking out the following resource to check for any profiles installed on your iPhone to see if this may be related to what's preventing the app from being installed on your iPhone:

How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically the second step of the section labeled "Delete the app and its configuration profile."

Have a great evening.

Activity app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.