Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i upgrade my macbook pro (late 2011) enough to where my ipad will update too?

i am so confussssed. old macbook pro. new ipad. ipad did a thing. can't upgrade it because i can't upgrade my macbook pro. should i just get a new macbook pro? ughhhh

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 1:24 AM

You should upgrade to at least OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Then it can handle doing modern iOS/iPadOS upgrades.

Simply download this disk image file: Download OS X El Capitan

Then open the disk image, run the package it contains, and that package will create the Installer app and put it into your Applications folder to upgrade your system to 10.11.

If you want to, you can further upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra, but that shouldn't be necessary to upgrade your update. Although it's not necessary though, it is a good idea.

This has the link for High Sierra on the App Store but note, you must upgrade to El Capitan first:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208969

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 1:24 AM in response to tjc0193

You should upgrade to at least OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Then it can handle doing modern iOS/iPadOS upgrades.

Simply download this disk image file: Download OS X El Capitan

Then open the disk image, run the package it contains, and that package will create the Installer app and put it into your Applications folder to upgrade your system to 10.11.

If you want to, you can further upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra, but that shouldn't be necessary to upgrade your update. Although it's not necessary though, it is a good idea.

This has the link for High Sierra on the App Store but note, you must upgrade to El Capitan first:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208969

can i upgrade my macbook pro (late 2011) enough to where my ipad will update too?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.