Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, i bought an iphone 7plus which was second hand and i need to remove the activation lock from icloud

can you remove for me the icloud activation lock from my iphone 7plus

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 1:47 AM

Mshoni1 Said:

"Hi, i bought an iphone 7plus which was second hand and i need to remove the activation lock from iCloud: can you remove for me the icloud activation lock from my iPhone 7plus"

-------

Only the original owner can unlock it.

This is a Used Item that you Purchased?

If so, I'd say you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part.

• Take this up with the Original Owner:

This is a user-to-user support forum - no one here can remove the iCloud activation lock. So, contact the original owner, and have them log out of it. If they cannot log out of it, then it is useless to you.

• If Purchased off of a Web site (i.e. eBay)

Contact the site, and ask that the seller be held accountable, and that you get your money back.

• Take this as a learning experience:

The next time you purchase an Apple device, then make sure that you can log into it. For an iPhone, have the original user use this site: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Request that you are able to log into it, and assign it to your account, prior to hading over the money. If the seller dis-abides by those rules, then do not proceed with the purchase.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 1:47 AM in response to Mshoni1

Mshoni1 Said:

"Hi, i bought an iphone 7plus which was second hand and i need to remove the activation lock from iCloud: can you remove for me the icloud activation lock from my iPhone 7plus"

-------

Only the original owner can unlock it.

This is a Used Item that you Purchased?

If so, I'd say you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part.

• Take this up with the Original Owner:

This is a user-to-user support forum - no one here can remove the iCloud activation lock. So, contact the original owner, and have them log out of it. If they cannot log out of it, then it is useless to you.

• If Purchased off of a Web site (i.e. eBay)

Contact the site, and ask that the seller be held accountable, and that you get your money back.

• Take this as a learning experience:

The next time you purchase an Apple device, then make sure that you can log into it. For an iPhone, have the original user use this site: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Request that you are able to log into it, and assign it to your account, prior to hading over the money. If the seller dis-abides by those rules, then do not proceed with the purchase.

Aug 30, 2020 7:21 AM in response to Pactricia666

Pactricia666 wrote:

Can you ask the original owner of the iPhone the account used so that you could be able to remove it?

That is not a good idea, but you can ask the previous owner who enabled Activation Lock (who may not be the original owner) to follow these instructions—>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Instructions are included in that link to cover the case where the previous owner no longer has possession of the phone

Aug 28, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Pactricia666

No one is going to share their Apple ID and password with anyone - you could take over their account with that info, purchasing loads of gadgets using whatever payment method they have stored.

Usually, anyone selling a phone with an activation lock is a scam artist - it might have been stolen and they are just wanting to make a quick profit.

Hi, i bought an iphone 7plus which was second hand and i need to remove the activation lock from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.