You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I canstantly have to re-authorize my imac to watch apple tv, and it STILL wont let me watch my purchased movies and shows

Today when I tried watching a purchased show on my iMac, the Apple TV app wouldn't let me. The "authorize computer" pop up kept popping up instead, and no matter how many times I authorized this computer (which was already authorized to begin with) or restarted the computer or the app, it wouldn't let me watch and instead kept forcing me to authorize the computer, over and over and over. I bought these movies and shows. Why am I having to deal with this? It is SO FRUSTRATING.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 2:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 4:28 AM

Could it be that multiple Apple ID accounts are involved?

When you authorize a device, the device gets linked to an account. That would not validate for other accounts and the purchases that may have been made with those other accounts.

2 replies

Why do I canstantly have to re-authorize my imac to watch apple tv, and it STILL wont let me watch my purchased movies and shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.