Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I create my own password or generate password for Apple ID?

Hi,

Should I create my own password or generate password for my Apple ID?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 7:30 AM

My own 2-cents:

Keep in-mind that your AppleID passphrase is sometimes CRITICALLY needed to be entered from memory - such as when using the “find my” to disable a lost mobile device.

While I strongly endorse the use of password managers, this is probably one of the few passwords you really DO need to be able to reliably regurgitate from memory while under stress.

AFAIK it’s not significantly length or character-type limited. A normal sentance - known only to you - using caps, numbers, and punctuation is one good method.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 7:30 AM in response to rolando15

My own 2-cents:

Keep in-mind that your AppleID passphrase is sometimes CRITICALLY needed to be entered from memory - such as when using the “find my” to disable a lost mobile device.

While I strongly endorse the use of password managers, this is probably one of the few passwords you really DO need to be able to reliably regurgitate from memory while under stress.

AFAIK it’s not significantly length or character-type limited. A normal sentance - known only to you - using caps, numbers, and punctuation is one good method.

Should I create my own password or generate password for Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.