Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch speaker isn't working

My speaker is not working on record / dictation and answering the phone

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 11:48 AM

So it's a speaker issue and a microphone issue? Have you been swimming with it recently. From time to time I have issues with my Series 4 speaker/answer calls, and I run through the following steps and it seems to clear things up:

• turn bluetooth off on the iPhone; same for the Apple Watch;
  • power off the iPhone off and power it back on;
  • power off the Watch and then turn it back on;
  • turn bluetooth back on for both iPhone & then for watch.

If that doesn't help, please post back specifics, like is the sound distorted or simply not working at all; does dictation (Siri) work on the iPhone; does it work for the watch? When you call someone can they hear you any all through your watch or is it muffled? Does the same issues arise with other functions - like dictating an email or text, or just with calls? Any other performance issues with regard to either device?

Good luck!

JDee

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 11:48 AM in response to Adriancosh

So it's a speaker issue and a microphone issue? Have you been swimming with it recently. From time to time I have issues with my Series 4 speaker/answer calls, and I run through the following steps and it seems to clear things up:

• turn bluetooth off on the iPhone; same for the Apple Watch;
  • power off the iPhone off and power it back on;
  • power off the Watch and then turn it back on;
  • turn bluetooth back on for both iPhone & then for watch.

If that doesn't help, please post back specifics, like is the sound distorted or simply not working at all; does dictation (Siri) work on the iPhone; does it work for the watch? When you call someone can they hear you any all through your watch or is it muffled? Does the same issues arise with other functions - like dictating an email or text, or just with calls? Any other performance issues with regard to either device?

Good luck!

JDee

Apple Watch speaker isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.