Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two numbers registered

I changed my provider from Vodafone to virgin and took my number with a PUK code, original number works but iMessage sometimes sends and receive with the number that came with the phone before my original number was registered how do I delete it please ( iPhone 11 Pro Max

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 12:25 PM

Hello Brummieboy1966,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. It sounds like your previous number is still activated with iMessage on your iPhone. We're happy to assist. We recommend completing the steps to deregister the previous phone number with iMessage from our website here: Deregister iMessage

Also, are you seeing the previous number in your Message settings on your iPhone or any other device? The article here can help you check and remove the information. Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

Let us know if that helps, or if you have any questions.

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 12:25 PM in response to Brummieboy1966

Hello Brummieboy1966,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. It sounds like your previous number is still activated with iMessage on your iPhone. We're happy to assist. We recommend completing the steps to deregister the previous phone number with iMessage from our website here: Deregister iMessage

Also, are you seeing the previous number in your Message settings on your iPhone or any other device? The article here can help you check and remove the information. Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

Let us know if that helps, or if you have any questions.

Best!

two numbers registered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.