Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I wiped the computer it still remembers my ex-husband appleid for updating software.

When I wiped the computer it still remembers my ex-husband's appleid for updating software. Yet all software was purchased under my appleid and it won't let me change it. He doesn't have the slightest idea what his old password was and he never bought anything on iTunes with it. So we are puzzled why it looks fo this id and not the one we used for iTunes/app purchases. I need to be able to update software. How do I wipe the old appleid off of it? It is a 2013 MacAir.

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 5:11 PM

Did he use his ID during the original computer set up? Did you do a full wipe and reinstall? Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 5:11 PM in response to JadziaWorf

Did he use his ID during the original computer set up? Did you do a full wipe and reinstall? Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

When I wiped the computer it still remembers my ex-husband appleid for updating software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.