Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I modify groups in email on my iPad?

I don’t seem to be able to modify the groups I’ve created on my iMac from my iPad. Is that possible? Also, my iPad is calling up emiail addresses from participants in groups that I have deleted from my iMac when I select the group. How do I modify this to update my current choices? Very strange . . .

Thanks,

Bill

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 11:23 PM

No, there is no edit-group function in the iOS version of Contacts.

I had not noticed the phenomenon of iOS Contacts retaining deleted entries, but I see such an example on my iPad now that you mention it. We should both report this to Apple through Product Feedback - Apple, but it's not clear what category to use for the iOS Contacts app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 11:23 PM in response to bjohnston

No, there is no edit-group function in the iOS version of Contacts.

I had not noticed the phenomenon of iOS Contacts retaining deleted entries, but I see such an example on my iPad now that you mention it. We should both report this to Apple through Product Feedback - Apple, but it's not clear what category to use for the iOS Contacts app.

How do I modify groups in email on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.