Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Keys on Keyboard

I saw someone make a post about this from a while ago but no one seemed to have an solution. So out of nowhere a couple of keys on my keyboard have turned a light blue color and I’m not sure how to fix it, so I’m wondering if someone can help. 13.6.1

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 3:33 PM

Hello isabel06,

You've come to a great place for help! When keys are highlighted in this way it's usually an indication that the text or this case keyboard is highlighted. Does this appear in all applications when opening the keyboard or only certain apps? If this only occurs in a specific app please close and reopen the app. If you continue to have issue let's force close and restart the application as outlined in How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you continue to have issue please restart the iPhone using the steps in the Restart your iPhone article.

Have a great day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 3:33 PM in response to isabel06

Hello isabel06,

You've come to a great place for help! When keys are highlighted in this way it's usually an indication that the text or this case keyboard is highlighted. Does this appear in all applications when opening the keyboard or only certain apps? If this only occurs in a specific app please close and reopen the app. If you continue to have issue let's force close and restart the application as outlined in How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you continue to have issue please restart the iPhone using the steps in the Restart your iPhone article.

Have a great day.

Aug 31, 2020 8:30 AM in response to isabel06

Hello isabel06,

Thank you for providing more information about the issue. Do you recall if any action is taken while in Safari immediately prior to the keys being highlighted, or does it happen when visiting specific websites? Does the issue return after clearing the history and website data in Settings > Safari, and tap on Clear History and Website data. If so, we recommend reaching out to one of our support channels through our Get Support website.

Take care!

Blue Keys on Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.