Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification issue when upgraded IOS 6.2.8 for iWatch

When upgraded to IOS 6.2.8 for my watch and also my family. All we do not able to receive notification alert through the watches. I did pair again with the same problem. What can do to fix it ? My iPhone XS Max are also latest version IOS13.6.1. I can receive notification on my watch before upgrade to iOS 6.2.8. Please advise how I can get fix for the problem. Thanks !

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 1:14 AM

Watches with watchOS 5 or lower won’t pair to iPhone with iOS 13 -

The work around is to pair the watch to a phone still running iOS 12. While paired to iOS 12, you should be able to update the watch to the latest version of watchOS. After the update, unpair the watch and you should then be able to pair it to a phone running iOS 13.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 1:14 AM in response to ho130

Watches with watchOS 5 or lower won’t pair to iPhone with iOS 13 -

The work around is to pair the watch to a phone still running iOS 12. While paired to iOS 12, you should be able to update the watch to the latest version of watchOS. After the update, unpair the watch and you should then be able to pair it to a phone running iOS 13.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Sep 1, 2020 10:27 AM in response to Dah•veed

Oh.. I think you may confuse my problem. I’m using the IOS 13.6.1 on my iPhone paired with iWatch in IOS 5. It’s working fine for message alert on my watch for notification. It didn’t work when I upgraded watch to IOS 6.2.8 then the message didn’t alert when it came in, and even pair again. However, it sudden works on today late after a day in this morning. So it seems solved itself now. Unknown reason the problem happen like this. Thanks !

Notification issue when upgraded IOS 6.2.8 for iWatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.