Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Legitimate AOL Message?

I RECEIVED THE BELOW MESSAGE IN EMAIL and I wonder if it is LEGIT. Has anyone else received such an AOL message on a free email account of AOL they brought into the apple mail window-

PLEASE SEE EXCERPT FROM A O L e mail. (Funny, I only received the below on one of 3 accounts??_

"Important security notice for your AOL account....." This title says it came from AOL.net which seems strange that it is NOT AOL.COM - any input? I called a different number I had ref AOL and got a gal in ROMANIA!

To: "*****aol.com> 

Reply-To: "reply@email.aol.net" <reply-HP2v40000017425d01ee199cfb7f4bbc786c8077@email.aol.net>

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 8:18 AM

caninemiss wrote:

I RECEIVED THE BELOW MESSAGE IN EMAIL and I wonder if it is LEGIT. Has anyone else received such an AOL message on a free email account of AOL they brought into the apple mail window-
PLEASE SEE EXCERPT FROM A O L e mail. (Funny, I only received the below on one of 3 accounts??_

"Important security notice for your AOL account....." This title says it came from AOL.net which seems strange that it is NOT AOL.COM - any input? I called a different number I had ref AOL and got a gal in ROMANIA!

Reply-To: "reply@email.aol.net" <reply-HP2v40000017425d01ee199cfb7f4bbc786c8077@email.aol.net>

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 8:18 AM in response to caninemiss

caninemiss wrote:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls ...

Aug 29, 2020 10:15 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you, I read this but it stil doesn't tell me if WHAT I REC'D was legit or not and I wanted to know IF ANYONE ELSE EVER! REC'D any AOL from .NET is that legit I QUESTION SHOULDN'T aol BE A .COM??? Any input on that aspect? AND, it does have to do with actual apple mail as I brought AOL in to my apple mail WINDOW YEARS AGO + 2 OTHER ACCOUNT FROM 3RD PARITES. THANKS AGAIN

Legitimate AOL Message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.