Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete an APP from one device, does that delete it from all devices? For example, if I delete messenger, do I lose all my conversations? If I reinstall, will old conversations still be there?

If I delete an APP from one device, does that delete it from all devices? For example, if I delete messenger from my phone, is the messenger app still on my IPAD. Will I lose all my conversations? If I delete to reinstall, will old conversations still be there?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 10:15 AM

Deleting an App from one device will not affect Apps on other devices.

Deleting an App will delete associated data stored locally on the device from which the App is deleted. If you need to remove an App without deleting associated data, you must instead Offload the App - not Delete.

Offloading preserves data - allowing an App to be reinstalled without loss of data - or to temporarily remove an App to temporarily create storage space.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 10:15 AM in response to mknmommy

Deleting an App from one device will not affect Apps on other devices.

Deleting an App will delete associated data stored locally on the device from which the App is deleted. If you need to remove an App without deleting associated data, you must instead Offload the App - not Delete.

Offloading preserves data - allowing an App to be reinstalled without loss of data - or to temporarily remove an App to temporarily create storage space.

If I delete an APP from one device, does that delete it from all devices? For example, if I delete messenger, do I lose all my conversations? If I reinstall, will old conversations still be there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.