Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer files from my iMac to my iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 1:53 PM

To transfer between you Mac or iPad can be done a couple of ways and none that hard:

1. Copy your file to the iCloud Drive if both devices are on the same account.
  2. You can use Air Drop to transfer a file to either device and the devices do not have to be on the same account.
  3. A 3rd party cloud drive service ie:Dropbox, One Drive, and Google Drive and numerous others.
  4. It is not up right now due to technical problems but if you use Firefox they offer a transfer service for free if they ever get it up and running again.

As you can see there are numerous ways to do it but the 1st 2 ways that I listed are for apple devices only.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 1:53 PM in response to MikeHandball

To transfer between you Mac or iPad can be done a couple of ways and none that hard:

1. Copy your file to the iCloud Drive if both devices are on the same account.
  2. You can use Air Drop to transfer a file to either device and the devices do not have to be on the same account.
  3. A 3rd party cloud drive service ie:Dropbox, One Drive, and Google Drive and numerous others.
  4. It is not up right now due to technical problems but if you use Firefox they offer a transfer service for free if they ever get it up and running again.

As you can see there are numerous ways to do it but the 1st 2 ways that I listed are for apple devices only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.