Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I downgrade to Mojave14 on my iMac that currently has Catalina?

can I downgrade to Mojave14 on my iMac 2019 that currently has Catalina?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 11:32 AM

Downgrade? No. Wipe and re-install macOS 10.14.4 (18E2034), or later, yes. No earlier macOS will work, here.

Prolly Shift-Option-⌘-R Recovery, or build a Mojave bootable installer on another Mojave-capable Mac.

Your Catalina files and Catalina settings prolly won’t be useable, as they’ll have newer bits not known to Mojave.

Time Machine backups can be problematic fir downgrades, if those backups were re-used for Catalina.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 11:32 AM in response to Otter123

Downgrade? No. Wipe and re-install macOS 10.14.4 (18E2034), or later, yes. No earlier macOS will work, here.

Prolly Shift-Option-⌘-R Recovery, or build a Mojave bootable installer on another Mojave-capable Mac.

Your Catalina files and Catalina settings prolly won’t be useable, as they’ll have newer bits not known to Mojave.

Time Machine backups can be problematic fir downgrades, if those backups were re-used for Catalina.

Sep 3, 2020 2:11 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

As a follow up, I ended up creating a bootable USB thumb drive with a downloaded copy of Mojave installer. I was able to install it on my iMac that was shipped with Catalina. I was then able (with the help of an Adobe tech who had to provide me with a legacy Photoshop installer) to install my old version of PS 6 on my new iMac. It was not possible when I was running Catalina, but it’s working well with Mojave.

Sep 3, 2020 2:17 PM in response to MrHoffman

Per your suggestion, I built a USB thumb drive bootable Mojave installer and successfully installed Mojave on my OS Catalina iMac. I was then able to successfully install my old Adobe Creative Suite which included Photoshop CS 6 (Adobe tech linked me to a legacy PS installer because the one that came on my DVD didn’t work). Now everything seems to be working. Thanks

can I downgrade to Mojave14 on my iMac that currently has Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.